At BNF, we understand the value of being transparent with our services and methods. There are specific levels of library support that we offer, and we know it is vital that our customers are aware of our capabilities. Just the process of cataloging new titles involves a series of tasks that our personnel will perform for your agency:
- Completely catalog new titles within 14 days of receipt.
- Rush materials are cataloged, processed, and distributed within 48 hours.
- Searching materials to be cataloged through “authority” files.
- Using the Cuadra STAR to see if it is a new title or an added volume/copy.
- Editing worksheet to describe the copy in hand.
- Assigning a call number to the materials.
- Assigning Library of Congress and specialized agency subject headings.
- Inputting worksheets into OCLC.
- Downloading records into Cuadra STAR and filing into the official database.
- Sending quality control reports to OCLC and responding to OCLC quality reports.
We are dedicated to providing superior services that enhance the performance of your workplace. All of these services are supported with significant attention to detail and knowledge about the appropriate regulations. Once you have hired BNF for your library support services, you will gain the advantage of our experience and our expertise.